Monday, January 10, 2011

A Wretched Weekend

The new year has not started out well.  I knew something was up Friday when my cell phone vibrated during my first period class.  This means "emergency" at our house. It was Lynn and he was in the throes of the stomach flu.  The next 48 hours were to say the least pretty challenging.  We were unprepared with supplies and what something like the flu would mean to a paraplegic.  Use your inmagination - that is all I am willing to say.  On top of the usual flu stuff, Lynn's spasms went out of control.  It may have been the fever or the virus itself but every time his body relaxed and tried to go to sleep a violent spasm ran through his whole lower body.  We called both our primary and Lynn's paraplegic doctor on Saturday because I just didn't know how to help.  Thank goodness we did because they were very helpful; things got under control; and Sunday night around 2:00 AM, it was my turn. -In answer to intensive prayer- Lynn finally slept so I could concentrate on my symptoms. 

Today Monday was Joe's turn.

Like I said, a wretched weekend it was!

2 comments:

  1. Time to just start the new year over again, hope you are both feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have been on my mind a lot lately, I'm hoping that 2011 brings wonderful things. I will continue with my prayers for you guys and thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete