Friday, August 20, 2010

Toilets and Furniture

I will spare you the details but yesterday and today I discovered that providing a decent toilet situation in your home for someone using a wheelchair is no simple matter.  After hours on the internet, conversations with plumbing supply outfits, the plumber, the contractor; phone calls to retail outlets; and help from the Rehab social worker, I finalized the details for the new toilet installation.  There is definitely a niche in this area for someone to provide good information to people like me.

On a simpler front, Joe and I, with the help of Sam Macklin, Joe's friend, got furniture moved around so that Lynn can navigate pretty easily through most of the downstairs.  When Becky comes home this Thursday, I will have her tackle what we didn't finish.

Lynn at Rehab is now working on the most advanced skills - wheelies over curbs, getting back into the chair from the floor, and managing showers on his own.  Yesterday was his freedom day from oxycotin - no more pain medication!

2 comments:

  1. So much to think about when getting the house ready for Lynn to come home - but you will do it with grace, I know that for sure. No more pain meds - how terrific - and all that Lynn is learning - must be mind boggling at times! Again, he will accomplish it all I am sure!

    Love to you, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are amazing. Your stamina is inspirational and I am so relieved Beck will be here soon. OFF PAIN MEDS - that is HUGE! You are constantly on my mind and heart dear ones.
    Hugs and cheers to all of you and your helpers.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete