Friday, July 30, 2010

Confidence

Tonight I feel relaxed for the first time in three weeks.  Why?  I saw a health and confidence in Lynn from the moment I walked into his room this morning.  He was up , dressed, groomed and ready for the day.  In the gym he sat on the mat easily and moved with confidence in every direction.  In the afternoon we went out with Shannon, the PT, for  a long walk around the U of O area and he was enjoying the challenges he faced with moving his chair along the way.  He even began to learn how to do wheelies which is a necessary wheelchair skill to negotiate curbs and raised obstacles in your path.  As I left him today, he was talking to a former football player of his, now a coach, who called him from the Shrine Game to see how he was doing.  It had been a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I go to sleep this night with great peace having read this. Long deep exhale from me for you both. I love you. Joe sounded optimistic as well when I spoke with him earlier at the jamboree.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete