Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Remote report

Today was the first day I did not go to the hospital since July 10th.  Lynn was ready for me to stay home so he shared with me about his day.  From his report I missed a very busy day.  His PT took him outside the hospital for the first time.  He went around the block surrounding Sacred Heart and learned that in a wheelchair he must be very vigilant.  I guessed he almost biffed it when he underestimated a curb cutout situation.

He also met with the wheelchair makers and ordered his chair.  They had a demo model just like the one he is having made so they are letting him keep the demo until he leaves.  That was an unexpected blessing.

He also changed rooms AGAIN.  They were getting in three new patients so Lynn agreed to move. 

All in all he was pretty exhausted when I talked to him because he had been up and in the chair for all but one hour today.  I am hoping he does get a break this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment