Thursday, July 15, 2010

We're on the Move! July16th

I am writing this later in the day because I had to wait for the official word that came late this PM that Lynn will be moved by a private transport company to the Oregon Rehab Center in Eugene tomorrow at 9:30 AM.  There he will begin intensive physical and occupational therapy to get him back home and on with his life.  It will not be easy.  Today he had two grueling sessions with getting into a wheelchair - one successful (afternoon) and one not. (morning).  In the PM session he was able to stay in the chair the longest he has thus far AND I was able to wheel him out of the room and around the center third floor unit one time.  He was exhausted afterwards but this kind of "work" will happen to him 3 times a day in Eugene.
Right now he continues to have more feeling in his left leg each day but he still cannot move his toes on that foot.  His right leg is still pretty paralysed and there is only a tiny amount of feeling.  He also reports he is feeling a little more in his groin area each day so that is good.

His first job at rehab is to stabilize his core area (trunk).  Sitting up in a wheel chair and doing exercises in it will help with that.  He also must strengthen his triceps because he will use his upper body strength for everything.

How is his mental state?  Really amazing given the circumstances.  He has such faith that God is traveling this road with him.  And,as I have said before, your prayers and well wishes sustain Lynn, our kids, and myself.

Visitors?  There will come a time where I know this will be important.  I will let you know through this blog.  Cards, emails, comments on the blog are shared with him and give him much happiness.

Got to go!  I need to get my rest to help Lynn.

7 comments:

  1. Nance, that is wonderful news. How are you doing? Let me know if you need me for anything! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers to you Lynn and Nancy, both of you are part of the most memorable moments in high school when I had you two as teachers.

    God Bless,
    Jake Culley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News Nance and Lynn, you are on my heart constantly. I have been anxious for today's post. Don't forget to remind each other about all those angels you can't see who are hovering about and fussing over you. Wishing you safe and comfortable travel to your new digs on Friday. You are deeply loved.

    In His peace and trust,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel compelled to make a smart comment about the increased feeling in Lynn's groin...guess I've been around your brother too long! Instead, let's just say that we are sending copious amounts of love and prayers your way, for strength and healing and all the good things that can only come from God and His mighty goodness. We love you sooo much!

    XO
    Lorri and family
    and puppy kisses from Kipper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for baby steps and small miracles! We're thinking of you all the time and anxiously await for these posts to let us know how you are doing! The gift this journey will give you is of course unknown at this time, just remember you are not alone! God will lift you up and give you strength when you think you have none. I am praying for peace....for your mind, for your heart....we love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the move went well, but am sure Lynn is exhausted by it all. Know that prayers and thoughts were with you both today as you start on another phase of this journey. People have been calling wondering if you need anything, so, when you do, just let us know so that we can be of help!

    Love and prayers,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad to hear what happened and I hope everything goes well with his recovery. I miss Mr. Ellis and you! Let him know I'm thinking of him and I'm going to school to become an accountant :) I think he'll like to hear that.

    He's a tough guy and I know he'll be up and running in no time.
    My whole family is thinking of you both.

    ~ Tabatha Malloy

    ReplyDelete